Exposure to fuel products can sometimes be catastrophic. Due to this, fuel products need to be handled with great care. Currently, the market is loaded with hundreds of fuel transfer tanks that provide the safest way of handling and transferring fuel. But if you desire exceptional performance, safety, and excellent capacity, then you need to get your hands on the top models on the market. To aid in your selection, we have prepared a list of the best models that have proven to be the most cost-effective long-term investments.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Diesel Fuel Transfer Tanks
- 10. Dee Zee DZ91752 Long Rectangle Aluminum Transfer Tanks
- 9. RDS L-Shaped Auxiliary Fuel Transfer Tanks – 48 Gallon, Smooth, and Diamond
- 8. UWS TT-45-COMBO 45 Gallon Combo Aluminum Transfer Tank
- 7. Dee Zee DZ91741B Combo Transfer Tank and Utility Chest – Black Aluminum
- 6. RDS Fuel Tank – 60-Gallon Capacity, L-Shaped, Model 72770
- 5. RDS 71791 Rectangular Transfer Liquid Tank – 91 Gallon Capacity
- 4. Trail FX 29224166 Steel Fuel Transfer Tank
- 3. RDS Fuel Transfer/Auxiliary Tank/Toolbox Combo with 8 GPM Pump
- 2. Weather Guard 360301 110 Gallon Fuel Tank
- 1. Dee Zee 8556B Red Label Utility Chest
Table of the Best Diesel Fuel Transfer Tanks
10. Dee Zee DZ91752 Long Rectangle Aluminum Transfer Tanks
This tank comes with a sturdy aluminum construction. It is rustproof and corrosion-free to deliver maximum performance. The tank measures 59.5 x 9 x 19 inches. It can hold up to 38 gallons of fuel. It features an internal venting system and a tight fitting cap to prevent any escape of fumes. The tank is fitted with a 3/8-inch plug that allows for easy drainage.
- It was constructed of a sturdy aluminum.
- Its capacity is up to 38 gallons.
- It is very easy to move.
9. RDS L-Shaped Auxiliary Fuel Transfer Tanks – 48 Gallon, Smooth, and Diamond
RDS tank is specifically meant to transfer non-flammable liquids. It is made of heavy gauge aluminum with a diamond plate finish. It is tough and durable enough to withstand rust, corrosion, and dents. The tank comes in an L-shaped design and measures 55 x 18.5 x 17.5 inches. Such a size allows it to fit truck beds measuring 5 to 8 feet long. The tank holds 48 gallons. It features an inlet and outlet each measuring 2 inches in diameter.
8. UWS TT-45-COMBO 45 Gallon Combo Aluminum Transfer Tank
This is a 2-in-1 transfer unit. It comes in an L-shaped design comprising of a transfer tank and a chest tool. The tank is made of a 0.125-inch thick aluminum alloy. It is designed to transfer non-flammable liquids. It has a holding capacity of 45 gallons. The chest is made of 0.063-inch thick aluminum alloy and measures 54 x 12 x 8 inches. The tank features a vented cap that functions to minimize pressure buildup.
7. Dee Zee DZ91741B Combo Transfer Tank and Utility Chest – Black Aluminum
Like the UWS TT-45, this transfer unit also features a 2-in-1 design. It comprises of a transfer tank and a tool chest. The tank comes in an L-shaped design. It features a 0.125-inch thick aluminum construction. The exterior is textured to provide excellent grip. It is finished with a powder coating that renders it scratch-free, corrosion-free and rustproof. The tank holds up to 80 gallons of fuel.
6. RDS Fuel Tank – 60-Gallon Capacity, L-Shaped, Model 72770
This is a durable transfer tank that features 100-percent aluminum construction. Like most of RDS’ fuel tanks, it comes in an L-shaped design. The tank measures 48 x 28 x 16.5 inches. It is large enough to comfortably hold 60 gallons of fuel. It features a manual gauge that allows you to effectively monitor the fuel level. The tank comes with the necessary mounting hardware that allows for easy installation on a truck bed.
5. RDS 71791 Rectangular Transfer Liquid Tank – 91 Gallon Capacity
This is a large rectangular tank. It is specifically designed to be used with nonflammable liquids. The tanks are made of heavy gauge aluminum to guarantee maximum strength and durability. It has a dimension of 57 x 20 x 19 inches. Such a size makes it ideal for truck beds measuring 6 to 8 feet long. It has a capacity of 91 gallons. The tank comes with a 2-inch outlet pipe for easy siphoning of fuel.
4. Trail FX 29224166 Steel Fuel Transfer Tank
If you desire a more inexpensive way of transferring fuel, then this tank will definitely be an excellent choice. It is one of the most affordable tanks that comes in a durable steel construction to ensure maximum performance. The tank is finished with a powder coating to make it rustproof and highly resistant to corrosion. It measures 45.2 x 17 x 11 inches and holds up to 36 gallons. It features a vented cap that protects against excessive pressure.
3. RDS Fuel Transfer/Auxiliary Tank/Toolbox Combo with 8 GPM Pump
This tank provides a hassle-free way of transferring fuel. The tank is made of aluminum and measures 55 x 20 x 12.75 inches. It holds a maximum of 60 gallons of fuel. A pump is incorporated in the tank for efficient fuel transfer. The pump is powered by an 11 Amp motor that transfers fuel at a rate of 8 GPM. It comes with a 10-foot hose to provide extended use.
2. Weather Guard 360301 110 Gallon Fuel Tank
Weather Guard 360301 is an extra-large fuel transfer tank. It is L-shaped and features a durable construction made of steel. The tank is powder coated to keep it free from rust and corrosion. It has an overall dimension of 57 x 39 x 30.5 inches, which fits perfectly on a standard pickup truck. The tank holds a whopping 110 gallons of fuel. For enhanced safety, it is fitted with a vented cap that relieves pressure.
1. Dee Zee 8556B Red Label Utility Chest
8556B Utility Chest tops our list. It is made of 0.056-inch thick tread aluminum. It is finished with a protective powder coating to make it resilient to rusting and corrosion. The chest measures 56 x 19 x 16 inches and offers 8.9 cubic feet of storage space. It can accommodate up to 60 gallons of fuel. The chest features a tight fitting lid that is reinforced with a V-pad stiffener for added strength.