Portable standby generators are a smart way of guaranteeing constant power in homes and businesses. Purchasing the ideal generator is not something that you can just do on impulse. It requires a careful research on the available models on the market. But you should be happy to know that we have done all the research for you so as to provide the best models for your home and commercial use. Here is a list of the top models that provide an inexpensive way of powering your home and business.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Portable Standby Generators Below:
- 10. Westinghouse WGen2000 Portable Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 9. PowerPro 56101 Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 8. WEN 56180 Gas Powered Portable Generator, CARB Compliant
- 7. DuroMax XP4400E Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit And Electric Start
- 6. Champion Power Equipment Portable Generator
- 5. DuroMax XP10000EH Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator
- 4. WEN 56475 Gas Powered Portable Electric Start Generator
- 3. Champion Power Equipment Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
- 2. WEN 56200i Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
- 1. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Gas Powered Portable Inverter, CARB Compliant
Table of the Best Portable Standby Generators Below:
10. Westinghouse WGen2000 Portable Gas Powered Portable Generator
This generator features a 4-stroke, 420cc gas engine. It incorporates both manual and electric starting for added convenience. It delivers a constant power of 7,500 watts and a surge power of 9,000 watts. The generator is fitted with a muffler that provides quiet operation. All components are protected in a weatherproof housing. The generator has a pair of wheels that provide easy mobility.
9. PowerPro 56101 Gas Powered Portable Generator
This generator is powered by a 2-stroke gas engine. On a full tank, this generator can run for a maximum of 5 hours when set at half load. It features a starting and running power of 1,000 watts and 900 watts respectively. The generator has a noise level of only 60dB, which makes it ideal for residential use. It comes with a carry handle for enhanced portability. The base is fitted with rubber pads to keep it in place.
8. WEN 56180 Gas Powered Portable Generator, CARB Compliant
WEN 56180 is approved and certified for use in all the 50 states. At half load, the generator can run for a maximum of 7.5 hours. The tank has a fuel capacity of 1.45 gallons. This generator has a surge power of 1,800 watts and a running power of 1,500 watts. It is powered by a 4-stroke OHV gas engine. The generator is lightweight enough for easy handling.
7. DuroMax XP4400E Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit And Electric Start
This is a wheeled generator that features a 7 HP 4-stroke OHV gas engine. It has an instant electric start mechanism. The tank has a fuel capacity of 4 gallons. The generator can run for up to 8 hours on a full tank. It generates a surge power of 4,400 watts and a running power of 3,500 watts. It features an auto-shutoff feature that activates when the oil runs low.
6. Champion Power Equipment Portable Generator
Equipped with a 196cc OHV gas engine, this generator can deliver 4,000 watts of surge power and 3,500 watts of running power. The generator has 3 power outlets for added convenience. It features an overload protection to guarantee maximum performance and durability. At half load, this generator can run continuously for up to 12 hours. It is relatively heavy, weighing at 97 pounds.
5. DuroMax XP10000EH Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator
This generator is powered by a DuroMax gas engine rated at 18 HP. The engine is fitted with bearings to guarantee smooth operation and long-term use. The generator has a maximum power output of 10,000 watts and a running power of 8,000 watts. It has multiple power outlets for enhanced versatility. The generator features a low-oil warning alert. It is super quiet, generating only 72dB at a range of 7 meters.
4. WEN 56475 Gas Powered Portable Electric Start Generator
This generator incorporates a simple and easy to execute electric start. It is infused with an overload protection that guarantees smooth running of its 223cc engine. The engine has a maximum power output of 4,750 watts and delivers a constant power of 3,750 watts. The generator is fitted with tires for easy movement. The handles can easily fold for compact storage and transportation.
3. Champion Power Equipment Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
This unit is designed to run on gasoline or propane. It features a 224cc OHV engine that generates a maximum power of 4,750 watts. The running power of this generator is 3,800 watts. The tank is designed to hold 3.4 gallons of fuel that can last for 8 hours at half load. When using a 5-gallon propane tank, the generator runs for a maximum of 5.5 hours at 50-percent load.
2. WEN 56200i Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
Stylish and super quiet, this generator provides an ideal power source for residential use. It has a 79.7cc 4-stroke engine that delivers a surge of 2,000 watts. It generates a constant power of 1,600 watts. It delivers clean power that makes it safe for use on electronic gadgets. The generator has a noise level of 51dB, making it one of the quietest in its class.
1. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Gas Powered Portable Inverter, CARB Compliant
This is a compact and lightweight generator designed to provide easy handling. Despite its small size, it generates a maximum power of 2,000 watts. This is made possible by its advanced 79cc 4-stroke engine. The generator has a running power of 1,600 watts. On a full tank, it can run for up to 10 hours. It generates only 51.5dB at 25-percent load.