Driving license renewal process: The driver’s license certifies you to drive on the roads without facing legal consequences. Along with this, it is also an important document to claim your car insurance. Given its importance, it is essential to renew the driving license when its validity expires. So if you live in UP, we are going to tell you the easy way to renew your driver’s license. Let’s know it in detail.
How to renew your driver’s license online or offline in UP
For DL renewal in UP, please follow the steps below:
How to renew driver’s license online
- Step 1: Visit the official portal of the transport service. Select “Online Services” and select the “Driver’s License Related Services” option.
- Step 2: Select the state “Uttar Pradesh” from the drop down list. Clicking on it opens a page that redirects to the official portal of Parivahan Sarathi.
- Step 3: Here select the “Driver’s License” option and select the “DL Service” option. After this, an instructions page will open, click ‘Continue’ after viewing it.
- Step 4 – Enter the required information such as driver’s license number, date of birth, driver’s license holder column. Also, select the status and RTO option.
- Step 5 – After viewing the removal, confirm the removal and select Renew Driver’s License as your required service. Once the acknowledgment slip is generated, print it. This is how you can renew your license online.
Follow the steps below to apply for UP driver’s license renewal offline.
- First go to your nearest RTO.
- Fill in Form 2. You can also download it from the official UP RTO portal.
- Attach the relevant documents and submit it together with the prescribed fees.
- After verification, your driver’s license will be renewed. A time limit will be set for this. Consequently, your driver’s license will be renewed.
These are the important documents for the renewal of the driving license in UP
- Form No. 2
- Applicants who have non-transport vehicles must present the Physical Fitness Certificate through Form No.1
- Original driver’s license that is about to expire
- Your two recent passport size photographs
- Attached document like Aadhar card. This will serve as proof of the applicant’s age and address.
- shipping fee